The AGRU Story

From the foundation till today

Mr. Alois Gruber sen.

Alois Gruber senior founded a locksmiths in Bad Hall and an anodizing company in Grünburg in 1948. The locksmith company was closed in the 1950s, the focus being placed on the anodizing business, which was extended by a powder coating and wet paint shop. These competencies are now merged today in Grünburg, Upper Austria as part of AGRU Oberflächentechnik GmbH.

Alois Gruber senior laid the cornerstone for our current market success in 1961 with the decision to commence plastic pipe production. This area has continually been built up over the years. Initially with the production of polypropylene and polyethylene, later also by the manufacture of sheets, round bars and welding rods. The first injection molds for the production of fittings for the pipe industry were commissioned in 1966.

In the following years, AGRU expanded the headquarters in Austria and opened new production sites abroad. In 1998, Mag. Alois Gruber took over the business of his father. Since then we at AGRU have been concentrating on expanding and optimising plastic production.

Milestones of AGRU:

Pathbreaking in plastics technology

2016:

Opening of the new cleanroom plant for manufacturing PURAD high purity piping systems in Bad Hall, Austria. The state-of-the-art production takes place under super clean conditions and is ISO class 5 compliant.

2013:

GCL (Geosynthetic Clay Liners) in Georgetown, South Carolina

2012:

Geotextile production in Andrews, South Carolina

2010:

Completion of plant 4 and high-bay warehouse

2009:

High-bay warehouse plant 3
Construction start plant 4

2007/2008:

Erection of a second production plant in the USA, site Fernley, Nevada.

2005:

Erection of a sales and commercial enterprise in Taicang/China

2002/2003:

Extension of plant 2. Construction for pipe extrusion and extension of the high-bay warehouse for pipes and sheets

2001:

Erection of a production hall for E/F fittings and construction of a high-bay warehouse for molds

The new millenium...

Mag. Alois Gruber

1998:

Mag. Alois Gruber takes over AGRU from his father and runs the business since then.

1997/1998:

Adoption of electrofusion fittings production

1996/1997:

Erection of plant 3. Automatic high-bay warehouse for fitting pallets (23,000 pallet spaces) and new construction of an office building, welding technology and R&D

1996:

Relocation of the production site from Boston to Georgetown, South Carolina with corresponding new construction and extension of the production work

1991:

In cooperation with FRANK GmbH, the company AGRU-FRANK GmbH was founded in Wölfersheim, Germany. Erection of pipe production, jointly with the company Frank in Wölfersheim/Germany

1990/1991:

Construction of plant number 2. Size about 24,000 m² hall area. Division of production into 2 locations. Plant 1 Grünburger Straße fitting production and mold design. Plant 2 Ing.-Pesendorfer-Straße extrusion, production of pipes, sheets, liners.
Erection of a new clean room for the production of PVDF pipes etc.
Development of the former warehouse in plant 1 for the production of fittings (Hall 5).

1988:

Erection of the first site outside of Austria in Boston (USA)

AGRU abroad

1987:

First clean room for PVDF pipe and fitting production

1986:

Concrete protective liner was presented and introduced

1985:

Erection of a production hall in the Waldneukirchen plant for the first PE liner system, 5 m width (calendar).

1979/1980:

New construction of the surface division. Erection of the anodizing plant and adoption of powder coating in Waldneukirchen.
Hall area approx. 6000 m²

1976:

Adoption of PVDF pipe and semi-finished product systems in the production spectrum.

Aerial View AGRU Bad Hall plant 1

1974:

Procurement of the new and spacious office building. The business development has continued to expand and we now export to 20 countries in the world. This made it necessary to rationalize the accounting. A modern computer system was commissioned on 1974.

Production of pipes plant 2

1970:

Development of the anodizing hall according to state-of-the-art knowledge.
Relocation to new plastics hall with 5 extruders and 4 complete pipe production lines and a sheet plant, 2 sheet presses

AGRU Bad Hall - Hall construction 1969

1969:

Hall construction for plastics (22 x 70 m), Hall 2

1967:

First production hall as warehouse for plastics and anodic coatings. Relocation of plastics and anodic coatings to a new production hall.

1966:

First injection dies for butt welding fittings made from PP and PE are ordered by Anger and Mooshammer. Contract injection molding at Mooshammer and Stadlmann. Construction of an anodizing plant and plastics hall (approx. 60 x 24 m).

AGRU Bad Hall plant 1 (1962)

1962:

Construction of office and residential buildings/garages and first hall construction (approx. 10 x 30 m). First production of pipes

1961:

Purchase of the first extruder Ø 60 (Anger)
Production of handrails/armchair strips and insert rails

AGRU Bad Hall 1954

1954:

Relocation to the newly built fitter's shop (10 x 20 m) in Bad Hall. Production of stoves/sinks and porches.

1948:

1st workshop in Waldneukirchen

Follow us

Agru on Facebook

Agru on YouTube

Give us your "like"
 

Register for our Newsletter