Lake pressure pipelines for wastewater were built in several lakes in Austria since the beginning of the 1970s. This also applies to the Fuschlsee in...Read more
Easy installation of the tunnel liner by use of hot air mounting procedure
The expansion of the federal road B14 required the construction of a tunnel to relieve the city of Leutenbach from excessive traffic. 660m of the two parallel tunnel tubes, with a total length of 1 080 m were made by blast construction. Moreover, three rescue shafts were excavated for security reasons - to provide sufficient escape routes.
The AGRU Easy Fix system, combined with hot air mounting, was used to seal the arch to achieve highest performance. Geotextile-backed VLDPE tunnel liner and a textile that is fixed to the shotcrete were installed.
By means of an automatic process, both textiles were thermally bound by using a hot air bar mounted onto the scaffolding. Furthermore, rollers ensured the pressure necessary for joining.
- Automated installation of tunnel liners with high weight
- No additives needed, just hot air
- No thermal stress on the geomembranes
- Increased system reliability due to the reduction of welding seams
- For this Project, geomembranes with 4.0m width were used. Therefore, the number of welds could be reduced by 50%.
Forward to the Product Catalogue