Visit us - February 02 - 05, 2021 - Crocus Expo. We look forward seeing you!Read more
Polypropylene (PP) is a partly crystalline thermoplastic similar to HDPE, but with higher stiffness, strength, and hardness levels. It is also characterised by very good chemical resistance. Polypropylene can be used in temperatures of up to 95 °C. However, below freezing point PP is very sensitive to impact (use at temperatures below - 5 °C should be avoided).
AGRU products made of PP are also characterized by the following:
• a low density of 0.91 g/cm3
• relatively high surface hardness
• electrical insulation properties
• high creep strength
PP - The ideal material
PP is the ideal material for use in pickling plants, the chemical industry, and also for extremely aggressive waste water, as chemicals are used at high temperatures in these areas. The AGRU product range includes various PP polymer types:
• PP homopolymer (PPH), which is made up exclusively of propylene molecules.
• PP random copolymers (PPR), a polypropylene in which statistically distributed ethylene monomers are integrated into the molecular chain.
• PP copolymer (PPC), a polypropylene block copolymer in which ethylene monomers in block form are integrated into the molecular chain.
All three propylene types are very thermally stable, perfectly compatible, and can be easily integrated into all standard welding procedures as per DVS 2207. Semi-finished products made of grey polypropylene are not UV-stabilised and therefore need to be protected accordingly.
Low-flammability polypropylene (PPs)
Low-flammability polypropylene (PPs) is a PP homopolymer, which is equipped with a flame retardant. Consequently, PPs can be classified as a material with higher flame resistance according to DIN 4102 and UL94. Low-flammability and electrically conductive (PPs-el ESD) polypropylene is made of PP copolymer and is equipped with both flame-resistant and electrically conductive / anti-static properties. The surface resistance is ≤106 Ohm, which means that electrostatic charging is prevented. AGRU products made of polypropylene natural and white (made of PPH) complete our extensive range of PP products.
Forward to the Product Catalogue